Indiana DePauw – Campus cats and where to find these stress relievers
Looking for a stress reliever? One on-campus remedy has four paws, wide eyes and whiskers. Yes, we have campus cats. These cute furry creatures are often spotted on campus taking a nap or scavenging for food.
We asked fellow students to name some of the frequently spotted cat locations (FSCLs) on campus. Here’s what they responded:
- The DePauw Inn parking lot
- In the bushes next to the steps leading up to the Union Building
- The Center for Spiritual Life
- By the Admissions Building
- Lucy Rowland Hall
- The O’Hare House
- South Quad
- On Spring St., between Admissions and Myers Market, at a house on the left
While it may be tempting to invite a cat indoors, know that having one in your dorm room without the proper authorization can land you with a $150 fine. All this being said (exciting news, I know) please treat the cats with respect and be careful when petting them in case they get scared easily or scratch.
Case in point, these cats are adorable and I hope you all enjoy seeing them around campus.