- – Academy College – Minneapolis MN
- – Ridgewater College – Willmar MN
- Adler Graduate School – Richfield MN
- Alexandria Technical College – Alexandria MN
- American Indian OIC Inc – Minneapolis MN
- Anoka Technical College – Anoka MN
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College – Coon Rapids MN
- Apostolic Bible Institute Inc – Saint Paul MN
- Argosy University-Twin Cities – Eagan MN
- Augsburg College – Minneapolis MN
- Aveda Institute – Minneapolis MN
- Bemidji State University – Bemidji MN
- Bethany Lutheran College – Mankato MN
- Bethel Seminary-St. Paul – Saint Paul MN
- Bethel University – Saint Paul MN
- Brown College – Mendota Heights MN
- Capella University – Minneapolis MN
- Carleton College – Northfield MN
- Central Lakes College-Brainerd – Brainerd MN
- Century Community and Technical College – White Bear Lake MN
- College of Saint Benedict – Saint Joseph MN
- College of Visual Arts – Saint Paul MN
- Concordia College at Moorhead – Moorhead MN
- Concordia University-Saint Paul – Saint Paul MN
- Cosmetology Careers Unlimited-Duluth – Duluth MN
- Cosmetology Careers Unlimited-Hibbing – Hibbing MN
- Crossroads College – Rochester MN
- Crown College – Saint Bonifacius MN
- Dakota County Technical College – Rosemount MN
- DeVry University-Minnesota – Edina MN
- Duluth Business University – Dultuh MN
- Dunwoody College of Technology – Minneapolis MN
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College – Cloquet MN
- Globe University – Woodbury MN
- Globe University-Minneapolis – Minneapolis MN
- Gustavus Adolphus College – Saint Peter MN
- Hamline University – Saint Paul MN
- Hazelden Graduate School of Addiction Studies – Center City MN
- Hennepin Technical College – Brooklyn Park MN
- Herzing University – Minneapolis MN
- Hibbing Community College-A Technical and Community College – Hibbing MN
- High-Tech Institute-Minnesota – Saint Louis Park MN
- Institute of Production and Recording – Minneapolis MN
- Inver Hills Community College – Inver Grove Heights MN
- Itasca Community College – Grand Rapids MN
- Lake Superior College – Duluth MN
- Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts – Mendota Heights MN
- Leech Lake Tribal College – Cass Lake MN
- Macalester College – Saint Paul MN
- Martin Luther College – New Ulm MN
- Mayo Graduate School – Rochester MN
- Mayo Medical School – Rochester MN
- Mayo School of Health Sciences – Rochester MN
- McNally Smith College of Music – Saint Paul MN
- Mesabi Range Community and Technical College – Virginia MN
- Metropolitan State University – Saint Paul MN
- Miami Ad School-Minneapolis – Minneapolis MN
- Minneapolis Business College – Roseville MN
- Minneapolis College of Art and Design – Minneapolis MN
- Minneapolis Community and Technical College – Minneapolis MN
- Minnesota School of Business – Blaine MN
- Minnesota School of Business – Plymouth MN
- Minnesota School of Business – Richfield MN
- Minnesota School of Business – Rochester MN
- Minnesota School of Business – Moorhead – Moorhead MN
- Minnesota School of Business-Brooklyn Center – Brooklyn Center MN
- Minnesota School of Business-Elk River – Elk River MN
- Minnesota School of Business-Shakopee – Shakopee MN
- Minnesota School of Business-Waite Park – Waite Park MN
- Minnesota School of Cosmetology – WOODBURY MN
- Minnesota State College-Southeast Technical – Winona MN
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College – Fergus Falls MN
- Minnesota State University-Mankato – Mankato MN
- Minnesota State University-Moorhead – Moorhead MN
- Minnesota West Community and Technical College – Granite Falls MN
- Model College of Hair Design – Saint Cloud MN
- National American University-Bloomington – Bloomington MN
- National American University-Brooklyn Center – Brooklyn Center MN
- National American University-Roseville – Roseville MN
- Normandale Community College – Bloomington MN
- North Central University – Minneapolis MN
- North Hennepin Community College – Brooklyn Park MN
- Northland Community and Technical College – Thief River Falls MN
- Northwest Technical College – Bemidji MN
- Northwest Technical Institute – Eagan MN
- Northwestern College – Saint Paul MN
- Northwestern Health Sciences University – Bloomington MN
- Oak Hills Christian College – Bemidji MN
- Pine Technical College – Pine City MN
- Rainy River Community College – International Falls MN
- Rasmussen College-St Cloud – St. Cloud MN
- Riverland Community College – Austin MN
- Rochester Community and Technical College – Rochester MN
- Saint Cloud State University – Saint Cloud MN
- Saint Cloud Technical College – Saint Cloud MN
- Saint Johns University – Collegeville MN
- Saint Mary’s University of Minnesota – Winona MN
- Saint Paul College – A Community and Technical College – Saint Paul MN
- South Central College – North Mankato MN
- Southwest Minnesota State University – Marshall MN
- St. Catherine University – Saint Paul MN
- St. Olaf College – Northfield MN
- Summit Academy Opportunities Industrialization Center – Minneapolis MN
- The Art Institutes International Minnesota – Minneapolis MN
- The College of Saint Scholastica – Duluth MN
- The Salon Professional Academy – New Hope MN
- United Theological Seminary of the Twin Cities – New Brighton MN
- University of Minnesota-Crookston – Crookston MN
- University of Minnesota-Duluth – Duluth MN
- University of Minnesota-Morris – Morris MN
- University of Minnesota-Rochester – Rochester MN
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities – Minneapolis MN
- University of St Thomas – Saint Paul MN
- Vermilion Community College – Ely MN
- Walden University – Minneapolis MN
- William Mitchell College of Law – Saint Paul MN
- Winona State University – Winona MN
Find the cheapest book.
Click each box. Compare prices.
Is Amazon the cheapest?
Read below for more info....
Groceries - many near Minnesota campus!
Groups that are donating unused food from meal plans to food banks or other students
Swipeout Hunger - end student hunger https://www.swipehunger.org/
Share Meals - ending college hunger https://sharemeals.org/
Why do students not have enough money for food? Some do not budget enough in their loans. If they fill out the FAFSA form the government guarantees student loans. These loans can be used to pay for living expenses and tuition. In your budget include money for paying for meal plans or buying food at groceries.
$100 per week is a large budget for some people, and small budget to others. This gives you the calm attitude that comes with knowing that you can eat, and have energy to study. If you borrow at least $1000 per semester for food (meal plans are more), and attend 4 years (8 semesters without summers) then that adds only $8000 to your college debt when you graduate. Take a larger amount than $2000 the first year, to understand how much you need. If you have extra monies, it can be used the second year.
15 weeks per semester - $1000 is about $65 per week or larger budget, $100 per week x 15= $1500 (meal plans often are more)
When you graduate, $8000 is a loan payment of about $85 per month at low interest 5.25 % loans payable over 10 years. That's $20 per week of your future salary to pay for your food today. Besides housing and transportation expenses, make sure to budget monies for food. If you borrow more, than perhaps you'll pay $30 per week of your salary towards the food part of your loan.
These maps show locations of groceries and food pantries. Local churches and synagogues also offer food.
MinnesotaGroceries near Minnesota campus Food Pantries near Minnesota campus
37oakfield.com suggests clicking the links below - each book site will open in a new tab. Then you can do true comparison, and find the seller with lowest priced version of the book you need.
Enter what info you know about the book. Make sure you are ordering the version your professor wants. What year or edition. Do they need the online lab access to go with it? Most professors in U.S, want the U.S. version. Other country versions often have chapters in different order, or might not have exact same info. (most of info in book is similar)
Knetbooks results show the different versions and give comparison of renting, how long you want to rent it (different prices for longer time), ebooks, used or new. FREE shipping and $5 off your order.
eCampus has pull down menu when you enter book name of the different versions, with or without labs or workbooks. Their results also show comparison of renting, how long you want to rent it (different prices for longer), ebooks, used or new textbooks. FREE shipping and $5 off your order.
Amazon search results, give you different versions of book and also other choices. Their top search result often gives sellers that advertise or other sellers that Amazon wants to feature. Requires greater searching efforts as book could be listed multiple times. Orange BUY BOX is NOT always the lowest price! Look for link that says Used and New offers. Choose to have shipped from Amazon warehouse or many other sellers. Read descriptions of used books. Some describe better than others. Rent, ebooks, used or new textbooks. Students can get Amazon Prime.
AbeBooks has many book sellers, but not all textbooks are available. Many of their sellers are bookstores. Good to compare for required books that aren't textbooks.
ebooks is another good source of non-textbooks.
Save money on books - borrow from library and make digital copies. Takes a few hours but you can copy a textbook onto a pen drive (copy machines have a USB port). Some colleges let you print pages using their printers and paper. Some students start book exchanges to trade books with each other.
Another alternative to save money is to buy the ebook or rent the book.
Shopping Amazon, look for link under products, for Used and New. Compare the sellers for price and delivery. Some sellers have products in Amazon warehouse, others ship themselves. Compare the cost of shipping with prime or shipping with a book seller. The buy box offers Amazon Prime shipping, but is not always the least expensive seller. Amazon is NOT a department store. Some things they have bought from vendors to sell themselves. Most things are sold by a few million independent sellers. Each has their own return policy. At the end of a semester there are many book companies that will buy your used books for a discounted price.
Food Insecurity Amongst College Students | Claudia Estrada-Howell | TEDxSDMesaCollege TEDx Talks In her emotional and compelling talk, Claudia shares her own story dealing with food insecurity as a child and how that pushes … Report: More college students going hungry KING 5 • With the demographic of college students changing, Shoreline Community College prepares to meet student needs.CC IMHO: Going Hungry On Campus WGBH News • Jim Braude shares his thoughts on the college students who are saddled with another challenge on top of loan debt: hunger. Hunger On College Campuses CBS New […]
Rutgers vs. Indiana FREE LIVE STREAM (10/12/19): How to watch Big Ten, college football online | Time, TV, channel, line, over/under
The Indiana Hoosiers (3-2 overall, 0-2 Big Ten), led by quarterback Michael Penix Jr., running back Stevie Scott III, wide receiver Whop Philyor and coach Tom Allen, will host the Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-4 overall, 0-3 Big Ten), led by quarterback Johnny Langan, running back Isaih Pacheco and interim head coach Nunzio Campanile, in a college football Week 7 Big Ten game on Saturday, October 12, 2019 (10/12/2019) at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, Indiana. Fans can watch the game for free via a trial of fuboTV, as well as Hulu or Sling. Here’s what you need to know: Who: Rutgers […]
State legislators to visit MCC, Asnuntuck to promote debt-free college program | Connecticut & Region
The co-chairmen of the legislature’s Higher Education Committee kicked off a tour of the state’s community colleges this week to promote a newly created program that would cover a student’s first three years of community college tuition and fees that are not covered by federal financial aid. Legislators hope the program, established through the passage of the 2020-21 biennial state budget and proposed to start by fall 2020, can be funded using revenue from new online lottery gaming. Rep. Gregg Haddad, D-Mansfield, and Sen. Will Haskell, D-Westport, co-chairmen of the Higher Education Committee, will host a series of discussions about […]
California is shaking up the big business of college sports. Earlier this week, Gov. Gavin Newsom signed a bill that would let college athletes make money from endorsement deals for the first time. Right now, they’re the only ones involved in the $14 billion industry who aren’t cashing in. The new law, which doesn’t go into effect until 2023, is meant to pressure the National Collegiate Athletic Association to change its rules before then. The NCAA is still clinging to its long-held view that college athletes should spend their time earning a degree for playing sports, not making money. But […]
Enrollment at Wisconsin’s technical colleges has declined by 20% since the Great Recession, but the head of the state’s 16 two-year campuses isn’t surprised and says it’s a reflection of the state’s economic recovery. Between 2010 and 2017, enrollment at Wisconsin Technical College System campuses declined by 79,158 students. The declines were gradual, averaging between 1% and 5% in any given school year. While the trend seems stark, Wisconsin Technical College System President Morna Foy said the declines weren’t unexpected. “That’s a pretty standard trend, if you will, for technical college enrollments,” Foy said. “When the economy is not doing […]
A nonprofit in Atlanta is aiming to empower single mothers by helping them access longterm affordable housing and educational programs. Founded by Atlanta-based music manager Courtney Stewart (Khalid, Bobby V), the Right Hand Foundation buys and renovates homes around the city in order to provide struggling families with rent-free housing while they get back on their feet. The initiative also offers educational programs, such as financial planning help, workforce training, health and wellness services, and home transition training, according to a press release this week. With his nonprofit, Stewart is building “Right Hand havens,” which are essentially renovated houses with […]